Madison, Wisconsin Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Divorce consistently ranks as one of life’s most stressful events. When divorce is coupled with a dispute over child custody, placement or support, the emotional toll is even higher. It can be difficult to put one foot in front of the other during these times, much less make decisions that will profoundly impact the rest of your life.
The divorce and family law attorneys of Hanna, Brandt & Lucsay, LLP would like to help ease the stress of this difficult time. We provide top-notch legal advice and guidance on divorce and child dispute issues that will help clarify your long-term goals and ensure that you won’t end up with a divorce settlement that you’re likely to regret later.
If you need a divorce or family law attorney, call us today at (608) 216-7000 or contact us online to arrange for a free consultation.
Committed to Finding the Solution That’s Right for You
At Hanna, Brandt & Lucsay, LLP, we recognize that when it comes to family law, every situation is unique and requires a different approach. That’s why we take the time to listen carefully you, discuss your needs and objectives, and develop individualized legal strategies based on your particular circumstances. We are happy to assist in negotiation and mediation of your family law issue or aggressively fight your case in court, if appropriate.
Our Wisconsin divorce family law attorneys can assist you in finding solutions for a range of family law matters, including:
- Divorce. We handle all aspects of contested and uncontested divorces, and welcome the use of a collaborative approach when it suits the parties.
- Child Support. If you need or should be receiving financial support for the care of your child, we will work to help get the assistance you need.
- Child Physical Placement/Visitation. Even if one parent has sole legal custody of a child, the other parent may have the right to have the child physically placed with him or her and make day-to-day decisions regarding the child’s care. We can help you resolve issues surrounding physical placement of your child.
- Child Custody. In Wisconsin, “legal custody” means that a parent or legal guardian has the right to make major decisions on behalf of the child. Often there are disputes as to who should have legal custody of a child or children. We will serve as a forceful yet compassionate advocate for you and your child in these matters, helping you to gain custody of your child, modify an custody agreement or enforce an established agreement.
- Property Division. Wisconsin is a marital property state, which means that any property a couple acquires during a marriage is generally considered to belong to them equally, although there are some exceptions. In a divorce, disagreements naturally arise as to how to divide the property. We can assist you with any marital property disputes or help create a marital agreement to opt out of the marital property law.
Let Us Help You
We have helped numerous clients arrive at highly satisfactory outcomes in their family law matters. We would like to help you too. If you would like to schedule a consultation with our divorce and family lawyers at Hanna, Brandt & Lucsay, LLP, please call us at (608) 216-7000 or contact us online. We would be happy to answer your questions and give an initial evaluation of your divorce, child custody or other family law case. There’s no obligation and the initial consultation is absolutely free.
Spanish-language interpretation is available.